Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Basketball voices

I am the extremely proud mother of two girls that both made the middle school basketball team this year. They have had three games and are still undefeated. Both my daughters have improved so much in the few weeks they have been playing, and have had plenty of game time. Going to the games has been so exciting and fun, however, it is in my moments of happiness that I miss my Dad more than ever. He would have been so proud of them watching them play. He probably would have volunteered to either announce the starting line up at the beginning of the games, or would have run the clock for fun to stay busy during the game. Remembering his voice announce games really makes me smile now, but I was slightly embarrassed back then. He really got onto the announcing! I regret not having him recorded doing at least one game. I would love to play his voice for my daughters to see their faces at how loud and fun his voice was during the games. It doesn't seem like he has been gone nine years until I struggle to remember his voice. I just wish I could hear it one more time.

1 comment:

  1. Our children and grandchildren often miss out on the loved ones who we have held dearly in our own lives. We can best carry on the legacy by showing them videos (if we are so fortunate to have them)and photos and telling them our favorite stories about that person.

    My father passed away 21 years ago. I think of him so often. For years after his death I would sometimes have dreams where he would be there. He would never say anything but sometimes I would hear his very distinctive laugh. I would wake from these dreams with such a sense of comfort and well being. In the past 5 or 10 years I will sometimes hear his voice speaking something that seems significant at that time and it will make me think about his words throughout the day. His appearance in my dreams has seemed more frequent as the years have gone by to where it now just seems natural for him to be there.

    I saw your comment on LinkedIn and that's what brought me here. You haven't posted much since you began this blog. I also began posting on my blog in 2009. Please check out my site and leave me a comment if you would. I will click your "Join this site" button.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete