Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dr. Seuss

Today is Dr. Seuss' Birthday, and my girls were so excited to wear their PJ's to school and bring their favorite story of his to read. We have celebrated his Birthday every year since they were in preschool. It is a really big event here in Warrenton.
This morning I read "The Big Brag" aloud, while they munched on their cereal. This has always been one of my favorites. As I began to read, it reminded me my childhood listening to my father read to me. He could really make the words in a story come to life. I am so thankful for having a father that loved to read to me!
In the back of my mind I could hear his voice reading the "Big Brag", as I gave it my best effort, reading with expression and changing the voices of each character. The girls laughed and smiled which made for a fabulous morning! I must admit I did a fantastic job with the voices!! Especially the worm at the end. For no apparent reason that Worm takes on a Southern Old Man Voice every time I read "The Big Brag."
Seeing the smiles my performance brought on my babies faces reminds me of how wonderful childhood is, and reading to them makes us closer. The memories of me reading in my silly voice will stay with them for a lifetime.
The gratitude I have for my father reading aloud to me always comes out on Dr. Seuss' Birthday!! Thanks Dad and Dr. Seuss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment