Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am thrilled to be coming out of hibernation. This winter, Northern Virginia has been pounded with snow. I can hear my parents now, informing me that I should have stayed in Baldwinsville, because they are having such a mild winter. It actually makes me smile because maybe they had something to do with all the snow I have had this year.
My kids wore their PJ's inside out and put ice cubes down the toilet in hopes of "a snow day." This year, it actually worked!! Who knew they would be off from school for almost three weeks!! A gift of snow from my parents who loved winter, or so they said. Possibly their love of winter was not for the snow, but for the hibernation that comes with all that snow!
"Bear" was the nickname my father called my Mother for as long as I can remember, I always thought it was from the story "The Three Bears." This winter it dawned on me that her nickname wasn't from that story at all. It was because she LOVED to hibernate.
I felt very "Bearlike" this winter in Virginia, being stranded up on my hill in the snow. Although I am not a fan of snow or winter, I smiled imagining my Dad's voice calling me "Bear."

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know that Annelise's nursery theme is dragonflies.... :-) and of course, you know why! Happy Hibernating, Bear! Alicia Jenne'

    ReplyDelete