Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Birthday Blues

I have been on cloud nine since my New Orleans trip.  I had such a great time with my sister, in an awesome City.  I love the fact that she was there with me for such an important event.  We also celebrated my Birthday together for the first time in at least 20 years. I really enjoyed August, the restaurant we went to.  I feel very blessed having her in my life.
Although, my week was fantastic in New Orleans, I hit an emotional wall today that I wasn't expecting.  I really wanted to tell my Mom and Dad about my interview.  I also miss having them be a part of my Birthday.  My Dad and I almost shared the same Birthday, so we always celebrated together, and when I was not living at home, I always spoke to both my Mother and Father a lot during my Birthday week.  I guess this week is hard because I feel that something is missing,  I didn't realize this until today when I had the urge to talk to them both. 
My mother always made Birthday's so fun.  Every year I asked for a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  The funny thing is that now as an adult, I prefer spice cake with vanilla frosting, and I remember my Dad loving that kind of cake.  Is it possible that we change in order to keep memories alive in our life?  Do I like spice cake now because of my memory of my father?
Anyway, This will be an interesting week.  I will be looking for a Dragonfly for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment